How It Works
Play at the Pump is a new convenient and fast way to play the Powerball and Mega Millions jackpot games. And it's simple! Just swipe your debit card at the pump and drive away with your numbers for the next jackpot drawing.
Right now Play at the Pump is available at a limited number of retailers, but more locations will be added over the next few months so look for it at your favorite fuel location soon. To check current Play at the Pump retailers click here.
Here's how it works:
1. Swipe your debit card 2. Select "Lottery & Fuel" 3. Select the game & number of desired Quick Pick plays
- Up to 10 Quick Picks for the current Powerball draw.
- Up to 20 Quick Picks for the current Mega Millions draw.
What you need to know:
- There is a $1 transaction fee. It is a flat fee and not based on the number of plays purchased.
- You must purchase gas to play.
- You must be at least 18 years old to play. Players verify age at time of play.
- There is a rolling weekly purchase limit per debit card of $75.
- Purchases are 'ticketless.' Players may get a receipt from the fuel pump with their numbers on it, or they may get a receipt from the clerk in the store. Players also have the option of receiving a text message with a link to their numbers and the details of their purchase.
- If a player wins a prize of $600 or less it is automatically deposited into the account associated with the debit card used to purchase the ticket. For prizes over $600, players will need to present the same debit card used for the ticket purchase in person when they claim their prize at the New Mexico Lottery Headquarters. Click here for details on How to Claim.
- Powerball tickets purchased at "Play at the Pump" are not eligible for the Powerball Power Cruise Promotion.